Commercial Law LLM
This programme provides an excellent grounding for the future study of commercial law, for those intending to enter legal practice, or for those intending to pursue a career in the commercial sector.
You will benefit from the opportunity to explore a broadly-based range of subjects at an advanced level, and study the law in the fast-paced and varied context of the commercial world.
On this programme, you can benefit from connections to the legal profession and professional networks of the Edinburgh Centre for Commercial Law.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme is ideally suited to individuals seeking to begin or develop careers in the fields of commercial law, business or finance. Recent graduates are now working in a variety of legal roles including, following prior or further professional study, litigator and legal counsel in companies such as Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Standard Life.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree from a UK university, or its international equivalent, in law.
We will also consider candidates with a degree in a related discipline which includes relevant prior study.
Supporting Your Application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh