Music and Sonic Media MA
Develop your creative abilities in composition and sound through practical and theoretical work. Explore theory and practice in the field of music production. You’ll focus on historical contexts and the development of advanced technical skills.
Our MA reflects current developments in and beyond the concert hall, including music for film, media and interactive arts. You will:
- make sound art
- devise music theatre
- use music technologies
- create film music
- evaluate music and sonic art.
The course is for composers, musicians, sound artists, sound and music practitioners from related fields including theatre, and theorists with interests in music and sound.
The Department of Music is a major international centre for the study of contemporary music, contemporary musical thinking and music theatre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex
- Conflict, Security and Development MA at University of Sussex