Bachelor of Business Analytics
Launch a career in the booming world of business insight with Deakin's Bachelor of Business Analytics. Through rigor and applied study, you’ll learn how to become a data translator creating innovative solutions for common business.
Ready to lead critical business decisions with data-driven insights?
In Victoria’s only specialized business analytics course, you’ll learn practical commercial skills to interpret data and information, so you can solve problems and create opportunities for businesses. Work on real-world projects, use the analysis tools needed in business, and get industry experience translating insights into impact.
Business analytics requires people who understand how businesses structure their information architecture and how technology can improve processes, products, and services. You will get exposure and practice in packages including Python and Tableau.
Through this course, you'll develop critical thinking and analysis skills through topics like:
- business intelligence and data warehousing
- data analysis
- information architecture
- information security and governance
- planning commercial systems
- processes and workflows
- professional and business ethics
- project management.
You’ll also have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with a work-integrated learning unit, with options for community-based volunteering, team projects, or business internships.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The key role business analysts play in ensuring organizations achieve real impact from their analytics initiatives is increasingly sought after. In 2018, 62% of Asia-Pacific companies had plans to hire data analytics graduates, up from 35%in 2017.* Deakin graduates have the business mindset and practical experience needed to meet this demand. You’ll be set up for success in a variety of roles including:
- business analyst
- business intelligence specialist
- computer system analyst
- data analyst
- digital transformation consultant
- information analyst
- information manager/information officer
- market analyst
- predictive modeler.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Units that contain work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, working with children check, or another check. These requirements will be detailed in unit guides upon enrolment.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 098469G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University