Master of Politics and Policy
Explore our role as citizens in the Australian community, the nature of diverse ideologies, and the close relations between government, the private sector, and the community. The Master of Politics and Policy emphasizes a dual focus on politics and public policy and offers a wide range of core and elective units to appeal to the public sector, business, NGO, and community sector managers and leaders, and those wishing to acquire new skills.
Explore public policy analysis frameworks, the development and implementation of public policy under conditions of democratic governance, governance and accountability, skills building in evaluation, intergovernmental relations and accountability, and political communication.
You’ll undertake practical training focused on the relations between government, the private sector and community organizations, and between different levels of government.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Politics and Policy is a professional development program for early or mid-career professionals or for those involved in or, seeking to become involved in, policy-making and management within the public, community, and business sectors, domestically and internationally. The program also offers a pathway to a Ph.D. through research training and a two-credit point research minor thesis.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to study postgraduate coursework at Deakin is based on recognition of your professional experience and previous qualifications.
- Bachelor honors (AQF8) degree in a related discipline or
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline, plus two years of relevant work experience or
- Graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a related discipline or
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: A702
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Laws - Major Thesis at Deakin University
- Master of Social Work (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Education (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Laws (LLM) at Deakin University
- Master of Humanitarian Assistance at Deakin University
- Master of Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Action at Deakin University