Master of Science in Engineering Management
Earn a Master’s of Science in Engineering Management degree from a University whose engineering education excellence is matched only by the high quality of its industry-oriented business program – UMass Lowell. Drawing on the strengths of each, the MSEM program prepares students for leadership roles in manufacturing, quality and production operations, product design and support, engineering services and civil infrastructure management. Applicants with technical and non-technical backgrounds can apply to the program.
Technical professionals learn business principles and practices, while those with current management background can deepen their understanding of technical areas such as product, process and operations as well as quality and reliability, infrastructure systems, and occupational health and safety. The program’s flexibility, offering both evening classes on campus and online options in all fall/spring/summer semesters, means working professionals can enhance their careers while positioning themselves for advancement or a new field.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of engineering management specialists is expected to grow nationally by 9 percent on average over the next decade, and job growth for management engineers is expected to grow 6 percent through 2025. Indeed.com reports that the average U.S. salary for an engineering manager is $114,839.
The MSEM program prepares students for a wide range of design, manufacturing and infrastructure management careers. Graduates will have the skills for leadership positions in engineering systems, program management, quality, operations, supply management, consulting services and facilities management.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A BS degree in any engineering or science discipline, or in Industrial Management or Operations Research with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants with non-technical degrees mentioned above, are encouraged to apply. Some prerequisite courses may be necessary before matriculating, and admissions decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Official score from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- The GPA requirements or the GRE can be waived when candidates present extensive professional experience.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- English proficiency testing
- TOEFL score of 79 or greater
- IELTS minimum 6.5
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master of Science in Plastics Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Engineering - Energy Engineering: Nuclear Option at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Engineering - Energy Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell