Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences (Honours)
Become a professional leader in the field of exercise science, with the skills and knowledge to help build stronger athletes and healthier communities.
Want to help elite athletes be the best they can be, get your community fit and healthy, or rehabilitate injury in healthy people wanting to be more physically active?
Through the Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences (Honours), you’ll develop the expertise to become an Accredited Exercise Scientists (AES) or Accredited Sport Scientist (AspS), helping people recover from injury, maximising the performance of elite athletes, promoting healthy ageing and generally improving people’s health and wellbeing.
You'll explore the complex nature of human movement and how the body reacts to acute and chronic physical activity pursuits such as general fitness regimens, recreational activities and elite sports. You'll have the opportunity to study the biology, technology, behaviour and best practices that underpin exercise and sport sciences.
As a graduate, you'll be eligible to apply for membership of the peak national accrediting body, Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA), as an Accredited Exercise Scientist and an Accredited Sport Scientist.
- UQ is the only university in Australia to offer honours within an exercise and sport sciences degree.
- Focus on areas such as elite athlete development, sports conditioning and performance, clinical measurements or corporate and community health and fitness.
- Gain 500 hours of hands-on experience through practical placements with clients in a supervised environment.
- Benefit from the latest industry equipment in biomechanics, motor control, exercise physiology and strength conditioning labs and clinics.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Sport scientist
- Exercise scientist
- Cardiac scientist
- Community recreation and fitness officer
- Respiratory technician
- Strength and conditioning specialist
- Health promotion officer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082624M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland