Bachelor of Laws
Take a global, practical and ethical approach to your studies with our Bachelor of Laws. You’ll be signing up to make an impact in your legal career by placing an emphasis on justice, equity and the dignity of all human beings.
Graduate with a degree that has been designed to incorporate international law and the globalised nature of the legal profession. Not only will you study compulsory international law units within your law degree, you’ll also can study units overseas, either at our Rome Campus or at one of our partner institutions located all around the globe.
All of our law students undertake pro bono placements in law firms or with leading barristers, community legal centres, NGOs, government departments, or social justice agencies.
Combine our Bachelor of Laws with another degree and you’ll double your value to employers and open up your career options. With us, you’ll have the opportunity to study law alongside the following courses: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Global Studies, Bachelor of Philosophy, Bachelor of Psychological Science and Bachelor of Theology.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Bachelor of Laws is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment. Graduates can pursue a range of legal careers including:
- private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister;
- legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly-funded organisations as diverse as national regulatory bodies, universities and public broadcasters);
- in-house counsel to a wide-range of organisations from corporations to trade unions;
- public interest and legal work in community legal centres;
- legal research; and
- a variety of jobs in which legal knowledge is either required or desirable.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, North Sydney, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Blacktown
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
Applicants whose first language is not English must have either:
- Successfully completed at least two full–time years of study in secondary or higher education where the medium of study was English; or
- Demonstrated their English proficiency, as set out below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Overall Score 7.0, Individual Score of 6.5 in all tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – Academic (TOEFL): from an Internet–based total of 94, achieve a minimum of 24 in writing, 20 in speaking and listening, 19 in reading.
- Course Code: 079438F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)