Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
Gain the geospatial data skills to advance your career in ecology, exploration, health, planning, maths, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science.
If you're looking to advance your career in ecology, mineral and oil exploration, health, urban and regional planning, mathematics, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science, this six month full-time program will equip you with the geospatial data skills you need.
Access specialist laboratories that feature the latest applications for GIS, remote-sensing, automating geospatial tasks with programming, and web map publishing.
Use online GIS data and applications for key national data such as the population census, Earth observation and national mapping services for society and the environment, to gain a comprehensive understanding of these applications across many sectors.
Graduate with advanced computing skills in GIS software, competence in GIS and remote-sensing operations, and sought-after project implementation and management skills.
- Access specialist laboratories featuring the latest applications.
- Study advanced areas of GIS and choose electives to match your career ambitions.
- Gain advanced computing, implementation and management skills.
- Graduate job-ready for a range of private and government roles.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 011168G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Urban Development and Design at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Music at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies at The University of Queensland