Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Philosophy/Bachelor of Laws has been designed to produce graduates who are well-trained in legal theory and practice, knowledgeable in philosophical and ethical issues related to the law, and skilled in textual analysis, argumentation and communication. As a graduate, you can aspire to a range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment.
As a graduate you can pursue a range of legal careers including private practice as a solicitor or barrister; legal officer in the public sector; in-house counsel for a wide range of organizations including corporations, regulatory authorities and NGOs; education; government administration; media and communications; public policy development; and in commerce and industry.
While undertaking your legal studies, you will also be undertaking core and elective studies in various areas of Philosophy, such as ethics, epistemology (theory of knowledge), jurisprudence (philosophy of law), theories of human nature, social and political philosophy, logic, and the history of philosophy. In this way, you will develop keen insight into the broader context within which the law operates, an enhanced awareness of the complexities of legal theory and practice, as well as the kinds of analytical skills needed in contemporary legal practice contexts. Should you wish to do so, there is also provision within the flexible program to undertake studies in other areas of the humanities.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Completing a Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws is excellent preparation for pursuing a career in areas such as:
- private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister
- legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly funded organisations as diverse as national regulatory bodies, universities or public broadcasters)
- in-house counsel to a wide range of organisations from corporations to trade unions
- government administration
- media and communications
- public and policy development
- commerce and industry
- Specialist legal practice in various other fields such as cultural institutions; community and charitable organisations; creative industries; tourism.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
Successfully completed at least two full-time years of study in secondary or higher education where the medium of study was English; or
Demonstrated their English proficiency, as set out below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Overall Score 7.0, Individual Score of 6.5 in all tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language - Academic (TOEFL) from an Internet-based total of 94, achieve a minimum of 24 in writing, 20 in speaking and listening, 19 in reading.
- Course Code: 099393D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)