Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Turn your passion for hospitality into a rewarding career and get qualified for senior management positions in the industry.
You’ll learn and apply your skills in our fully equipped hospitality training centre under the guidance of passionate industry experts. You will develop advanced skills in hospitality operations and leadership, including:
- human resource management
- financial management
- marketing strategies
- business planning.
During your course you will have access to leading industry standard software, including Opera Property used in many leading hotels throughout Australia. You will learn the skills to use the system and manage hotel front office operations, including creating reservations, managing accounts and check out.
You will also gain essential skills in restaurant operations systems such as Micros POS.
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Employment for management and other roles in the hospitality sector is expected to grow significantly in the next few years. After graduating, you could find employment in the following positions:
- area manager or operations manager
- café owner or manager
- club secretary or manager
- food and beverage manager
- motel owner or manager
- rooms division manager.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent. The Polytechnic use the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to measure the language proficiency of people who want to study with us.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS (academic module) of 5.5 or equivalent.
For employment and practical placement purposes, this vocational sector typically requires a current and satisfactory Police Record Check. Failure to provide the required documents in the timeframe specified by the Course Coordinator, means you will be unable to undertake practical placement in a workplace and therefore not eligible to progress in this course.
- Course Code: 095618B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Enterprise and Resource Planning Systems at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Tourism and Destination Management) at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Supply Chain Management) at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Marketing) at Victoria University