Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
This taught masters program is designed for the professional development of teachers. You can better understand the problems that people face when learning a new language. You will be able to apply this knowledge to improve your teaching practice and employment prospects.
You may be able to take some of the courses towards your degree online. Completing the TESOL does not qualify you to teach in state schools in New Zealand.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you have experience in language teaching, the MTESOL will further your knowledge and skills to enable you to advance your career as a professional in the field.
Jobs related to this program
- English as a second/foreign language teacher
- Lecturer in second/foreign language teacher education
- Second/foreign language teacher trainer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- One year of postgraduate study or an undergraduate degree and work experience
- GPE 3.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD