Archaeology and History, BA
The joint Archaeology & History major has been retired as of Fall 2020 and is no longer available for enrollment. Any student still pursuing the degree will be able to complete it without a problem, so do not worry. However, we want to be very clear about what this means.
Archaeology is alive and well in the Department of Anthropology, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students interested in archaeology should simply be Anthropology majors, which is how almost all archaeology students around the country pursue their studies. We realized the joint major had outlived its usefulness, given that it actually permitted fewer archaeology course options than currently available in the Anthropology major and the collection of required History courses had not been updated in many years to reflect contemporary approaches in archaeology and history.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Theatre Arts, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Music, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Latin American and Iberian Studies, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Labor Studies, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- International Relations, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston