Bachelor of Science in Public Health
Graduates of the BS Program in Public Health are expected to advance the field of public health in the region and nationwide. Public health jobs exist in private industry, organizations, local communities, and state and national settings. The pandemic exposed the critical role that public health professionals play to prevent disease and promote health.
We offer the Public Health BS in two options -- Community Health/Health Promotion and Health Sciences. See more details below.
Community Health/Health Promotion Concentration - Students will be involved in service learning and community health practicum experiences and take courses to increase skills in communication and teaching related to health promotion and prevention in community settings. This option will prepare students for careers as community health educators in a variety of settings including community health centers, hospitals, long term care facilities, corporate wellness, and nonprofit organizations.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
With a B.S. in public health, you’ll be prepared for a career that creates healthy communities through education, research and promotion of healthy environments and lifestyles. The cornerstone of the program is health promotion and disease prevention, rather than on diagnosing and treating illnesses and conditions after they occur.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A high school diploma.
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completion of high school program that focuses on college prep courses including English, biology, and chemistry. It is strongly recommended that incoming freshman take math through pre-calculus or calculus and complete high school physics.
- Minimum combined SAT scores of 1,000 (mathematics and verbal).
- Students must be able to meet the technical standards of the college and the program so that they can actively participate in all phases of class, practicum and laboratory work, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Science in Physics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology & Atmospheric Science at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Geoscience at University of Massachusetts Lowell