B.A. (Moderatorship) Nanoscience: Chemical Sciences
Students who apply to the Chemical Sciences Stream (TR061) may select Nanoscience as their specialist area for the 3rd and 4th years at the end of the second year provided they take Physics as their approved modules in the first two years. It is also possible to enter Nanoscience through the Physical Sciences stream (TR063).
What is Nanoscience?
Creation of new technologies and devices would not be possible without mastery of advanced materials at the nanoscale. Making devices at the nanoscale can reduce energy costs while increasing speed or adding functionality. Nanodevices may behave in novel ways, not simply miniature versions of macroscopic devices. Nanoscience incorporates applications in energy conversion and storage, photonics, medical diagnostics, ultra-fast electronics and other areas including polymers, lasers, and optoelectronics, and industries such as electronics, telecommunications, healthcare and aerospace. Students in Nanoscience learn the basic physics and chemistry underlying these applications and how they relate to these applications and industries.
Nanoscience: The course for you?
If you enjoy laboratory work and have the desire to apply your scientific skills to the latest technologies that shape our world, then this may be the course for you.
Nanoscience at Trinity
Studying Nanoscience at Trinity offers you the opportunity to learn from world-leading experts based in the Schools of Physics and Chemistry, and in CRANN (Centre for Research on Adaptive Nanostructures and Nano devices), which is Ireland’s research centre for nanoscale materials. This degree will teach you how to use and apply principles of chemistry and physics to solve practical problems associated with the development of new technologies and their application to nanoscience.
Do you enjoy…
Carrying out laboratory experiments and analysing your data?
Getting to grips with the latest research in Nanoscience and its impact on technology?
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR061
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin