Bachelor of Information Technology
The ‘next big thing’ might just be your thing.
The study of Information technology (IT) is all about developing, building and maintaining software technology systems to meet the challenges faced by business and society. At the University of Newcastle we train IT graduates to be technically savvy, creative and flexible.
Our information technology majors are designed to meet industry's evolving IT needs. You can focus your courses around business technology, learning to design and manage complex software systems critical for big corporations and government. You’ll be equipped to develop cloud-computing solutions or specialise in IT security. If your passion is media and entertainment you could learn to create exciting new games and 3D animations, devise new content delivery platforms or work for a digital media agency. Or, study systems development and learn to create apps and programs for just about any industry: manufacturing, healthcare, social enterprise, renewable energy, education.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
IT graduates enjoy great employment prospects and go on to work in dynamic sectors at the forefront of discovery and innovation. A 2015 report commissioned by the Australian Computer Society, Australia's Digital Pulse (PDF, 2.4MB), highlights the need for 100,000 more workers in the IT sector by 2020.
IT graduates work across almost every industry and not-for-profit organisation. You could go on to work for organisations like Google, Amazon, Facebook or Apple. Your career direction will be shaped by your choice of major – if you take a double major, you’ll have broader opportunities.
Careers by major
Depending on the area of study you choose to major in, typical positions for an IT graduate are listed below. Some careers will depend on the amount and level of study undertaken, level of experience, the combination of other majors and electives studied, and some may require further study.
- web developer
- digital producer
- games designer
- web and multimedia producer
- digital project manager
- digital marketing specialist
- enterprise architect
- infrastructure business analyst
- systems analyst
- IT project manager
- desktop systems specialist
- IT and communications advisor
- software developer
- software application support specialist
- mobile app designer
- technical software consultant
- software development project manager
- e-learning developer
- finance software analyst
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 044439E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle