Master of Science Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing enables the development of practitioners within their specialist area of practice through practice development activities, supported by a program of academic and clinical supervision. A structured framework enables the student to further develop knowledge, skills, and competencies in their specialist area of practice within one of seven elective module streams. Students will be required to nominate and obtain the consent of a senior clinician to act in the role of Clinical Supervisor and obtain confirmation from their service manager that they will be supported in practice. The program aims to empower the student and prepare them for more advanced clinical and leadership roles in their chosen clinical field, as service needs require.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Be a registered nurse/midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Hold an honors degree in nursing or hold another recognised qualification that is approved as a suitable alternative to a primary degree OR submit a portfolio for accreditation of prior experiential learning for consideration.
- Have two years of post-registration experience. This must include no less than one year’s engagement (whole time equivalent) in the specialist area they choose to study.
- Be currently engaged in clinical practice - a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Have support from their Director of Nursing and Clinical Nurse Manager to undertake the course.
- Nominate and have confirmation of support of a Clinical Supervisor*
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see WIT’s English Language Requirements for details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD602
- Course Type: Blended
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Science Computing (Enterprise Software Systems) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Computing (Information Systems Processes) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Analytical Science with Quality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Applied Spirituality at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Advanced Facilitation Skills for Promoting Health and Well Being at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology at Waterford Institute of Technology