Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design
Interaction designers play a vital role in creating digital products that are useable, uncomplicated, and human-centred. If you're looking to develop advanced knowledge about the design process for interactive products – this is the program for you.
Our professional program for graduates from other fields, to allow you to learn the essential skills to work in the interaction design industry.
You will have a degree in a field other than Interaction Design/User Experience Design/Multimedia Design, and you will take two years of study to develop technical skills in-depth.
Your future is in industry, as an interaction designer. You will undertake foundational studies to allow you to achieve a transition to become an interaction designer.
Meet the challenges of tomorrow
Interaction with electronic devices is a major part of our daily lives. From early childhood onwards we are connected to the internet, telecommunications and networks of computer-based technologies. The emerging challenges in this radically evolving field are not so much with the nature of new technologies, but with their design. How should these technologies be experienced in our lives? How can they support and enhance our everyday practices? What should they help us become? These programs train students to address these issues through the design of new interactive technologies.
- Interaction design professionals work in multidisciplinary teams to address open-ended, real-life design projects. Your program simulates this environment through studio-based and project courses.
- Students from the course Physical Computing and Interaction Design Studio get to demonstrate their work to peers and industry at our annual student design exhibition.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Choose from a large number of elective courses and tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- User experience designer
- Multimedia designer
- Interaction designer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in a field other than Interaction Design/User Experience Design/Multimedia Design with a GPA of at least 4.0 on a 7 point scale OR relevant post-secondary study and at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and work experience will be individually assessed.
- Course Code: 053336D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Music at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design at The University of Queensland