Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Architecture
The Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Architecture offers graduates of the Bachelor of Design in Architecture the opportunity to pursue advanced work in subject areas related to architecture and prepares them for postgraduate research.
This course allows students to work at a higher level of academic study. It also allows study in a relevant area of student interest.
Course structure :
Students complete 48 credit points, comprising one 12-credit-point coursework subject, one 12-credit-point preparatory honours thesis subject and one 24-credit-point honours thesis. Students must complete a coursework subject, conducted in the first half of first session, devoted to research methods, information retrieval skills and the initial development of their thesis proposal. Students then spend the remainder of the first session and the whole of second session producing, under the direction of a specific supervisor, a thesis relevant to their academic, professional and/or creative agenda. The thesis is based on their original work informed by theoretical study and independent research.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include architect (after completion of the Master of Architecture), urban designer, landscape architect, administrator, policymaker, researcher, educator or journalist.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants with a degree which is equivalent to the UTS Bachelor of Design in Architecture and who have attained an overall minimum WAM of 65.0 or above must provide the following additional material in order to be considered for a place in the Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Architecture:
- a digital portfolio of 10 x A4 landscape PDFs that display digital files, scans and/or photographs of original design work done by the applicant (maximum size 5MB)
- a 200–300-word statement addressing the applicant's reasons for undertaking honours-level study in design at UTS and the specific learning that they are seeking given their intended career direction on completion of the degree
- a one-page CV in PDF format that clearly articulates the applicant's design or related experience
- a verified copy of the candidate's previous academic transcript.
Students must refer to the inherent requirements for all degrees offered by Design and Architecture in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 044180E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Business Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Information Systems Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Medical Science at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)