Acoustics and Music Technology MSc
Taking the science of musical sound as your focus, you’ll work in a cross-disciplinary environment. You will use theoretical and experimental work to explore the musical, technical and multimedia applications of acoustics and audio technology.
The emphasis of this programme is on science and technology in the context of musical and multimedia applications.
The programme aims to:
- provide a broadly based, scientifically-oriented foundation in the area of acoustics, audio, and music technology
- develop your skills in research, computation, design and analytical problem-solving
- give you a strong understanding of music/audio technology
- create a multidisciplinary learning environment that will prepare you for a future career
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A knowledge of the science behind music and audio technology will prove a great asset for your career in acoustics or audio engineering.
The highly transferable skills you’ll gain in communication and project management will take you further along whichever career path you choose.
The programme will also provide you with the perfect foundation for further study if you’d prefer to continue on an academic path.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh