Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
The PGDipSW is equivalent to the first year of the Master of Social Work. This qualification will enhance your professional learning and development and prepares you for advanced professional responsibility in social work. Through taught courses, you will learn advanced approaches and interventions in social work practice.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you complete the PGDipSW with a GPA of 5 or higher, you can choose to progress to the second year of the Master of Social Work (MSW) to complete the masters qualification. You will need to have included a research methods course (SOCWORK 718 Applied Research in Social Services, or an approved equivalent) in your PGDipSW in order to do this.
Jobs related to this programme
- Leadership and management roles in social work
- Social worker in a range of settings and services
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree in social work
- GPE (Grade Point Equivalent) 3.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Law at University of Auckland