Applied Translation Studies MA
This course focuses on computer-assisted translation to give you valuable experience of the localisation, project and terminology management tools that are used in professional practice. You'll also work with students specialising in a wide range of languages to produce multilingual translation projects.
Provided you pass our entry translation test(s), you can specialise in translation between English and up to three languages, as follows: from Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish into English, and from English into Arabic, Chinese and Japanese. In addition, you will be able to choose from optional modules informed by the research of our experts on topics such as audiovisual translation, machine translation, and genre analysis.
You will be taught by both leading Centre for Translation Studies researchers and contracted practitioners who will equip you with a good knowledge base and practical skills to launch an exciting career in the language services industry.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Language for Education at University of Leeds
- Language for Business: Business Management and Enterprise at University of Leeds
- TESOL Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Professional Language and Intercultural Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and English Language Teaching MA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics MA at University of Leeds