Master of Interaction Design
Interaction design is concerned with designing interactive digital products, digital environments, systems, and services that can satisfactorily meet the needs and desires of the intended users. The Master of Interaction Design prepares and equips students with up-to-date theoretical knowledge and requisite practical industry-standard skills in this rapidly advancing field.
While industry demand for skilled interaction designers and various other jobs such as user experience (UX) designers, service designers, etc., is increasing, there is a lack of formal education/training offered by universities in interaction design. This course is designed to provide students with the most current and requisite skills in this fast-evolving field. Graduates possess skills in industrially applicable and cost-effective information environments (i.e. multimedia, interactive systems design and associated information technology). The course provides industry with graduates who can combine these skills with those of their original discipline in professional applications-oriented settings.
The course is committed to producing graduates who have a deep understanding of humancentred approaches to designing digital technologies. This ensures that 'products' created are more likely to 'fit' meaningfully into users' lives, because the design process is informed by a deep understanding of people's practices, particular situations and values.
The Master of Interaction Design is attractive to different types of learners, namely:
- those who are currently working in a job that is not related to interaction design .,
- those working in jobs closely related to interaction design, and
- those already working in interaction design-related jobs.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates can gain employment in a range of technology design-related roles such as interaction designer, UX designer, UX researcher, service designer, or digital experience architect.
For those currently working in closely related jobs, such as web design, graphic design, interface design, etc., this course provides the necessary formal training in the discipline in order to make a more definitive move into jobs in interaction design. Similarly, many find themselves working within the field of interaction design without formal training, and this course provides a good foundation and opportunities to extend their interaction design skills more formally.
For those not working in a job related to interaction design, this course provides the opportunity to learn about the discipline and to transition into the various jobs under the interaction design umbrella.
Post-Study Work (PSW)
- bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years*
- masters by coursework: 2 years*
- masters by research: 3 years
- doctoral degree: 4 years
* for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree was completed with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 096325G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Advanced Journalism (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)