Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences (Honours)
Delve deeper into your studies, follow your research passion and develop specialist knowledge in an honours degree.
If you want to be challenged intellectually and delve deeper into your studies, this honours program may be the right choice for you.
Your honours year will allow you to more deeply investigate a topic of interest, and gain skills in designing and undertaking research. You will use these skills to write your own honours thesis on an approved topic of your choice, in a specialist research area such as biomechanics and motor control, pedagogy and sociocultural studies, nutrition and dietetics, physical activity and health. In some cases, honours projects can be undertaken with industry partners, such as the Queensland Academy of Sport, the Brisbane Broncos or Queensland Health.
The thesis you write may be publishable, and make a significant contribution to the field. If so, when you graduate you'll not only have the skills and knowledge to stand out as a leader, your published thesis could establish your professional reputation and potentially act as a gateway to future career roles. On completion of your Honours year you may qualify for Higher Degree by Research study, including a PhD.
- A one-year program where you'll learn how to plan and conduct research in a topic of your choice.
- Graduate with a respected honours qualification that can open doors to a future research career.
- Learn from researchers who have made internationally recognised discoveries in health.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Research associate
- Research assistant
- Nutrition assistant
- Fitness and weight loss consultant
- Health and well-being consultant
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
A Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences from UQ with a GPA of 5.
Or an approved degree and satisfy the Executive Dean that the applicant is suitably qualified to undertake honours, who may be subject to the completion of additional work if set by the Executive Dean.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 073760M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Cyber Security at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Computer Science / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Bachelor of Business Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Biotechnology at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Data Science at The University of Queensland