Bachelor of Communication (Honours)
Develop advanced skills and knowledge in communication theory, research, policy and practice in this interdisciplinary program.
This Honours program is an extra year of study which follows on from the Bachelor of Communication. It is designed to prepare you for a lifetime of creative and critical use of media and communication.
The program is based on a combination of coursework and research in a relevant area of communication. The aim of the program is to round off the learning experiences you gained at an undergraduate level by providing you with opportunities for research and leadership under close supervision. You will research a communication-related issue in-depth and present your findings in the form of a thesis.
The knowledge and skills you will develop are widely valued and can be used in a variety of careers that require strong communication abilities.
- Build a comprehensive skill-set of writing, industry engagement, production and critical thinking skills.
- Write a thesis based on your chosen research area in communication, grounded in knowledge of the theories and previous studies in the field.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Digital content producer
- Social media manager
- Broadcast producer
- Content producer
- Marketing coordinator
- Corporate communications officer
- Public relations professional
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
A Bachelor of Communication with a GPA of 5.5 in all advanced courses from Part A of the BCommun course list and 6 units of advanced courses from Part B of the BCommun course list in the chosen field.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081758E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland