Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Informatics
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Informatics programme has been developed to meet an increasing demand from industry and organisations for professionals with interdisciplinary knowledge and skills in information management. This programme provides a pathway for professional development for graduates with a relevant degree. Students will learn about the social, cultural, and organisational settings in which information is used. Areas of specialisation could include e-commerce, strategic planning, organisational behaviour, and services management.
Informatics has to do with the science of information and the practice of information management. Information plays an increasingly pervasive role in our daily lives. How we relate to technology and how technology relates to us is becoming progressively more important. Information systems need to be engineered to deliver data in a way that accurately reaches, communicates with and influences its intended recipients.
This programme is about the use of information systems as solutions in business environments. Students will learn how the analysis and implementation of information systems can be used to deliver information to the right people in the most effective time and ways.
We live in an age where the volume and complexity of information threatens to overwhelm us. Practitioners who can manage the necessary systems and people to make such information commercially useful will be in high demand. Students will, therefore, learn how to think critically and solve problems creatively.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Roading/ Transportation ) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Water and Water Waste ) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Power ) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Mechatronics ) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Mechanical ) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)