Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Behavioural Science
The Bachelor of Arts component will develop your ability to analyse, interpret, deliberate, draw conclusions, communicate, work as a team member and problem-solve. You will be able to consider multiple perspectives and handle ambiguity and uncertainty. These are the skills needed in the 21st century workplace and they will complement your study of the Bachelor of Behavioural Science perfectly.
You will study an Arts Major in a humanities or social science area of your choice which will give you in-depth, specialist knowledge and skills that will allow you to contribute effectively to the cultural and intellectual life of society. Our Majors include English Literature, Social Justice, Politics and International Relations, History, Archaeology, Theatre Studies, Journalism and Film and Screen Production. See the Program Regulations for the complete list.
The Bachelor of Behavioural Science is a unique program that combines elements of psychology, political science, cultural studies and sociology. Integrating specialised knowledge developed in these social science disciplines, and with a strong focus on critical psychology, the program forges a connection between traditional psychology and social work. As a graduate, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to work with those who may be experiencing marginalisation or disadvantage.
As part of the Bachelor of Behavioural Science you will complete 12 Behavioural Science courses, including an Internship which offers you the chance to apply your theoretical knowledge and to learn a whole lot more in a professional workplace.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The transferable skills from Bachelor of Arts are sought after by many employers. Combining these skills with knowledge and skills from Behavioural Science, which helps you understand individual and group behaviours, would position you well for many career paths.
Career opportunities will depend on the Major you choose in your Bachelor of Arts but could include:
- Intelligence analyst
- Community project officer
- Change manager
- Research officer
- Disability services coordinator
- Family participation officer
- Client services coordinator
- Youth housing officer
- Employment consultant
- Assessment and referral officer
- Intercountry adoption support coordinator
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional;
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- India Senior School Certificate (ICSE) awarded by CBSE/?CISCE/NIOS
> TIER 1 - 65% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 3 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (awarded by State Boards except Punjab State Board)?
> TIER 1 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 85% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> Tier 1 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Education (Sydney; Primary and Early Childhood programs, Fremantle)
> Tier 2 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Education (Secondary degrees & double degrees, Fremantle)
>Tier 3 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Law
- School of Physiotherapy
- Course Code: 045242K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Arts at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media (Major: Journalism) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media (Major: Film & Screen Production) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Writing) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Theology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia