Aerospace Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons)
Studying an Aerospace Engineering degree gives you expert training in the theory and operation of aeronautical vehicles, from jet-powered and propeller-driven planes to gliders and helicopters.
You will learn about the full engineering journey, from concept on the ground to handling in the sky. Whether your main interest concerns the design, analysis, testing or flight, at Swansea we have it covered.
The integrated Engineering Foundation Year program can lead to any full engineering degree. It is not a qualification in its own right, but the first year of a four-year BEng degree.
This multidisciplinary course provides a real-world insight into the atmosphere of our planet and the cosmos beyond, as well as the technologies needed to explore them.
As you progress, your developing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience of state-of-the-art equipment, establishing skills that are vital to securing employment in the wider aerospace industry.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
We accept a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds for the Engineering Foundation Year. Each application is considered on a case-by case basis, depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant.
For A level or IB students, our standard offer is BBB - BCC at A level, or 26 at IB.
Students studying for BTEC or other vocational qualifications, who might not have the right pre-requisite Mathematical background for Year 1 entry, may also apply for this scheme. BTEC entry requirements for the Foundation Year are DDD, with D in all Mathematics modules.
All applicants are also expected to hold minimum B grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and all sciences, including at least two A grades.
Mature students with relevant work experience, or access courses with a good mathematical and science content, are also considered for this scheme; an interview may be required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Medical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY