Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology - MGSC02
Accredited by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council (APAC) and approved by the Australian Psychological Society (now that’s credibility), the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Science in Psychology double degree will give you a broad understanding of the theory and practice of business in areas such as management, marketing, service management, human resource management, entrepreneurship, innovation and international business. It will also enable you to apply your analytical and creative skills within a variety of disciplinary and cultural backgrounds.
For managers and aspiring managers, the course offers a broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge in a range of core areas of business as well as the necessary skills to be effective in today’s changing workplaces.
From a psychology perspective (and you’ll certainly gain perspective while studying these qualifications!), you’ll explore the science behind the discipline, apply research methods to conduct studies, ethically interpret the results and write reports according to APAC’s conventions.
Aiming for a rewarding career as a counsellor, psychologist, youth worker or in HR, marketing, industrial relations or training and development? Want the necessary know-how and insights needed to run your own business? Here’s the qualification that will ensure you’re mentally prepared!
Combine a Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science in Psychology at UC and you will:
- acquire a broad understanding of the theory and practice of management, be able to recognise specific problem-solving contexts and apply your analytical and creative skills within a variety of disciplines and cultural backgrounds
- specialise in a range of management areas, including marketing, service management, human resource management, entrepreneurship, innovation and international business
- acquire an understanding of the scientific basis of the discipline of psychology and understand the research methods used by psychologists
- gain an ability to apply research methods to design and conduct studies, analyse and interpret results and write research reports using APAC conventions
- understand the application of values, research and professional ethics in psychological research and in other professional contexts.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UC Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science in Psychology offers graduates the skills required to explore clinical and business careers in the public or private sectors, including private practice. Graduates will be equipped to pursue opportunities in these fields:
- clinical psychology
- youth work
- consumer research
- human resources
- industrial relations
- training and development
- program co-ordination and welfare
- policy and research.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099010B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Honours in Information Sciences - 860AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours) - 769AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) - 318JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) - 223ZA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement) - HLB101 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition - HLHL01 at University of Canberra