English Literature (Victorian pathway) MA
Explore the literature of the Victorian period, when scientific discovery, rapid industrialisation, economic inequality and imperial expansion gave rise to hugely varied literature that put society and human nature under the microscope.
This course allows you to explore literature produced during a time defined by both great progress and enormous inequality and in which many of today’s social norms were established.
You’ll have the opportunity to engage with the diverse genres and styles of this time, and to consider how they were influenced by factors such as colonialism and advances in technology.
An independent research project will allow you to focus further on an area of personal interest. Leeds flourished during the Victorian period, making it an inspirational place to study the culture of the time.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Film Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Performance Design MA at University of Leeds
- High-Performance Graphics and Games Engineering MSc at University of Leeds
- Geographical Information Systems MSc at University of Leeds
- Digital Communications Networks MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds