MSc Marketing & Strategy
Explore two disciplines at the heart of business strategy in our unique dual-focus course, MSc Marketing & Strategy
Planning for a career in marketing or strategic management, brand management, or business planning in a management consultancy or a marketing agency?
Aimed at those with previous marketing or strategy study, our specialist MSc Marketing & Strategy course combines these two key disciplines, providing the theoretical background for making sound marketing decisions, both within companies and from advisory perspectives in service providers and consultancies. Our teaching illustrates the application of learned techniques to real-life situations.
Through this course you’ll discover that marketing is not a free-standing activity, but one that needs to be at the heart of company strategy. The dual strands of this degree enhance understanding of the broader implications of decisions for the organisation as a whole, giving you the confidence and expertise to apply your skills in a variety of roles in company development.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career services are tailored to your individual needs and fully integrated into the programme, providing an excellent way to super charge your career, leadership skills and earning potential.
You will have weekly sessions allocated within your timetable dedicated to your career development ensuring you leave WBS feeling confident to make your next career move.
You will have access to unlimited one-to-one coaching throughout the year and will be featured in our annual Talent Profile book which is sent to over 200 employers from sectors including Pharmacy & Healthcare; Automotive; Manufacturing; Transport & Logistics; Energy; FMCG; Government; Real Estate; Strategy & Consulting; Media & Entertainment; Finance and Technology.
Develop your leadership style
LeadershipPlus is a required module on the Full-time MBA designed to fully develop your leadership skills. The module includes:
- Experiential workshops focusing on high performing teams, emotional intelligence, courageous conversations and leading with authenticity.
- a nine-week group-based corporate or not for profit client project, where your team will be tasked with tackling a real, specific business issue.
You will continually develop the ability to take charge of your own success. Our team of professional career coaches and sector specialists provide one-to-one coaching and feedback to challenge thinking and empower action.
You will also have access to workshops, webinars and executive coaching. Every week you will have careers sessions covering areas including:
- Targeting employers
- Showcasing your CV
- Covering letters and applications
- Interview skills.
For a one-off fee, you can also apply to join our award-winning, Investors in People (IIP) accredited mentoring programme, where we can link you up with an experienced mentor in your field of interest to develop your career skills.
Recruiter events and expert insights
- Recruiter events – Opportunities to meet company representatives face-to-face to discuss upcoming opportunities. Previous companies have included Deloitte, Jaguar Land Rover and CAPCO
- Company visits – on-site visits provide a real insight into a day in the life of a company and widens your industry knowledge
- Practitioner lectures – Delivered during core modules, practitioner lectures provide an insight into different industries, and give the opportunity to network with MBA students on other programme formats. Recent presenters include Steven González – Technology Transfer Strategist, NASA; Guillermo Moreno Cuella – Strategic Operations Partner & Enterprise, Account Manager, Uber Eats; Tim Haynes – VP Global People, GSK; Charlotte Longmore – Head of Research, GymShark.
- Sector Specialist presentations - Experienced guest speakers share first-hand industry insights. Recent sectors have included Finance, Consulting, Marketing, and Manufacturing
Building your network
Alongside numerous events held at our Warwick campus and WBS London, you will have access to our professional networks and global alumni network.
We will help you build your network through the following:
- Professional Interest Network events and webinars
- WBS Alumni Directory
- LinkedIn groups and discussion forums.
Our career services don’t stop when you complete your programme. You will still be able to access online resources, one career consultation and our Professional Interest Groups for free. You’ll also be able to participate in our career skills masterclasses and webinars on a pay as you go basis.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course completing (Bachelors level or above)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 80 GBP