This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Bachelor of Business (Economics)
About the Bachelor of Business
Step into the world of modern business.
The modern business world is changing at breakneck speed. Ongoing digital and operational disruption present unique challenges – as well as opportunities. We need new leaders who are agile, entrepreneurial and, above all, able to innovate under the toughest of conditions.
Develop solid foundations in modern business with La Trobe's Bachelor of Business. Prepare to thrive in a digitally disrupted world with this highly flexible degree and start building your dream career in business.
You'll explore multiple business disciplines in your first year and develop foundational knowledge and enterprise skills in areas such as management, organisational structures, data analytics and ethical business practices.
You'll choose from a wide range of majors, minors and optional second majors. You can also pair your major with complementary study from another discipline.
No matter how you specialise, you'll get hands-on experience and learn the latest digital skills while developing essential leadership, communication and critical-thinking skills.
You'll develop your professional business skills as you work in diverse teams, present business strategies and use the software that's essential in modern business.
You'll graduate with the perfect blend of business fundamentals and technical expertise so you can change the business world.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Based in the heart of Sydney’s thriving CBD, our $10 million campus is close to work and internship opportunities. And when it’s time to relax, you’re a short walk away from world-class shopping, cafes and cultural icons such as the Sydney harbour and Opera House. Plus, you’ll join a friendly and supportive community of around 1 000 students. Looking for a pathway into La Trobe University? La Trobe College Australia also offers diplomas at our Sydney Campus, helping you transition to university life.
Get the best of the city and the country at our Bendigo Campus. You’ll join more than 5 000 students at La Trobe’s secondbiggest campus, and you’ll be studying at the region’s largest provider of higher education. You can take your pick from more than 50 degrees, and with the CBD just nearby, it’s the perfect place to live and learn. It’s a great time to start, as we’ve just given the campus a A$50 million upgrade, so you’ll benefit from world-class learning facilities as you prepare for your future career.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
After graduation, you could work across a wide range of sectors including government, corporate, finance, retail, IT and not-for-profit. The degree also prepares graduates to start their own businesses.
Possible roles include:
- Financial analyst
- Analyse financial data and identify trends to grow wealth for your clients and stakeholders.
- Business development manager
- Create and implement business solutions to reach your organisation's goals.
- Marketing manager
- Plan, organise, lead teams and execute marketing strategies to deliver value for your organisation.
- Human resources manager
- Devise employment policies and procedures, and oversee employee reward and recognition programs.
- Corporate consultant
- Review and analyse business policies or operating plans, and provide tailored advice.
- Economic or market analyst
- Analyse market and industry trends, and inform strategic decision-making on business structures.
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Course Code: 019479E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Psychological Science at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Biomedicine at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Business Analytics at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Business at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Business (Agribusiness) at La Trobe University