New Zealand Diploma in Dance (L6)
Get prepared for the commercial dance sector. Develop your skills in jazz, ballet, tap, hip hop, and lyrical dance. Train in our studios and perform in productions. Learn to market yourself, make a show reel and develop industry-standard audition techniques.
The Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance) equips students with a high level of technical, artistic and interpretative skill in dance and provides the opportunity for practical performing experience. Students also study dance history, anatomy and gain the skills to become a self-employed artist.
Students perform in productions which showcase the breadth of dance styles they have mastered during their studies.
Areas covered on this programme include:
- jazz, ballet, tap, hip hop and lyrical/contemporary dance techniques
- circus techniques
- body conditioning/Pilates
- dance history
- anatomy and nutrition
- audition skills
- creative enterprise?
- dance styles
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- New Zealand Diploma in Creativity (Level 5) at WHITIREIA
- New Zealand Diploma in Photography (Level 5) at WHITIREIA
- New Zealand Diploma in Radio Broadcasting (Level 5) at WHITIREIA
- New Zealand Diploma in Performing Arts - Musical Theatre at WHITIREIA
- New Zealand Diploma in Drama (L6) at WHITIREIA
- Graduate Certificate in Editing at WHITIREIA