Graduate Diploma in Education
Gain advanced skills and knowledge for a variety of education settings. This graduate course extends your career prospects into new and exciting areas. This course is designed to meet the needs of trainers and teachers in education, community, government and industry. It builds on your qualifications or experience – preparing you for higher roles.
The course provides a perfect mix of hands-on practice and education theory. You’ll gain the confidence and skill set needed to lead school or workplace programs.
We teach up-to-date methods in many areas, including:
- designing and implementing learning programs
- educational leadership
- evaluation and assessment
- vocational training.
There’s also the opportunity to conduct workplace research, aimed at improving training or influencing policy and practice.
This diploma is the second of three graduate courses and successful completion gains you admission to the Master of Education.
This course does not provide registration to teach in Australia.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study is increasingly important in advancing your education career. This course could lead to a work as one of the following:
- education professional in schools or other settings
- manager in specialist education
- policy maker or developer
- workplace trainer.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 083311J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Migration Law at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Education at Victoria University