Educational Administration MEd/CAGS
The program’s mission is to develop effective leaders who support the transformation and design of schools and community organizations at all levels while confronting the inequities of educational systems and addressing social justice issues on various levels: personal, institutional, and societal.
The program’s goals are to provide practical and theoretical experiences and knowledge by focusing on Eight Leadership Tenets that examine the beliefs and values that impact learning; culturally sustaining practices to promote inclusive and equitable instruction for all; and supporting students in developing a portfolio of evidence reflecting skills and practices in leadership.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our graduates are leaders who support the transformation and design of schools and community organizations at all levels.
Examples of positions our graduates have held or currently hold:
- Assistant Principal/Principal
- Director of Instruction
- Principal Leader
- Program Director
- Director of Special Education
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Assistant Dean of Students
- Senior Director of Teacher Development Initiatives
- Coordinator of Access and Equity in the Office of Charter Schools and School Redesign
- Preschool Director
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The program will recommend admission for those MEd and CAGS applicants who present evidence of their ability to do graduate work with distinction. Such evidence will normally include:
- At the time of enrollment, a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of recognized standing or an international equivalent.
- An undergraduate grade point average at the time of graduation of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or international equivalent) or discipline specific GPA calculation, as evidenced by an official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. Typically, one or more letters from former professors familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities provide the strongest recommendations. Recommenders should have worked closely with the applicant in an academic, professional, or community service setting. Letters should not be written by friends or family members of the applicant. Letters should focus on the applicant’s abilities and past academic performance, while also indicating an ability to effectively complete graduate-level coursework.
- A résumé that documents two or more years of work experience as an educator or in the field of education.
- Statement of purpose. The statement of purpose is your opportunity to show the graduate admissions committee why you wish to pursue graduate study in this program, as well as your specific interests and goals.
- Submission of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores (optional).
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Public Administration, MPA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Business Administration - MBA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Management of Aging Services, MS at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Finance MS at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Applied Economics, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston