Professional Certificate of Competency in Chemical Engineering & Plant Design
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical knowledge in the fundamentals of chemical engineering, including plant layout and procedures.
Process plants, such as refineries and petrochemical plants, are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. The design, engineering, and construction of process plants involve a multidisciplinary team effort.
Process design, plant layout, and design of piping systems constitute a significant part of the engineering effort. The objective is to design safe and dependable processing facilities cost-effectively.
This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills in the disciplines of chemical engineering and plant design to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job. Upon completion of this course, you will have a clear understanding of the design and engineering principles used in the design of process plants.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
At EIT, we pride ourselves on being supportive, agile, flexible and committed to providing students throughout the world with measurable and significant productivity gains in their workplace through cutting edge and applied engineering education
The role consists of the development, support, and management of EIT’s digital suite. You will be an energetic and enthusiastic individual, working directly with a great technical team based in Perth and the Philippines, but will be required to interface with people globally. EIT’s product offerings are constantly evolving; therefore, it is important to be aware of current development trends globally to ensure that the implementations are well revised.
Reporting to the Accreditation & Compliance Manager, this role has responsibility for coordinating and maintaining the quality assurance and compliance status of the RTO and HEP (Higher Education Provider).
Your success will be underpinned by your deep understanding of key RTO and HEP principles, an ability to synthesise and craft readable documents such as policies, and your ability to build effective relationships and negotiate desired outcomes to achieve EIT’s objectives. We are looking for demonstrated experience in doing this type of work.
Instructors & Lecturers
The Engineering Institute of Technology offers outstanding practical engineering and technology education; from Professional Certificates of Competency through to Masters Degrees. We are currently seeking engineering lecturers and instructors, with extensive experience in industry to deliver units in our Professional Certificate of Competency, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree and Masters online courses and programs. EIT’s programs are taught using unique synchronous, online technologies including live interactive sessions over the internet, combined with practical exercises completed using remote laboratories and simulation software.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate an established industry profile, a commitment to excellence and ideally have teaching experience. You can be located anywhere as instructors and lecturers will be required to deliver online via webinars (approximately 1 hour in length). The Engineering Institute of Technology will provide all course material. You will simply require a computer with reliable internet connection, a headset with a high quality microphone and a clear and enthusiastic speaking voice. You may be required to teach outside of standard business hours.
PSW for bachelors and masters is 2yrs
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
In order to maximize the benefit of this course, students choosing to study online should have at least a tertiary qualification in engineering (diploma or degree) and experience in related areas of engineering. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would also assist with the acquiring of the advanced diploma material. However, without this background, but with some technical knowledge, some counseling, and the necessary pre-course learning materials, it is possible to be brought up to the appropriate level.
English language competency is required.
Entry into our on-campus study mode requires applicants to hold:
A Year 12 Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for international students), completed within the past two years, with the following level of achievement in maths:
- WA – WACE scaled score of 50.0 or more.
- ACT – a scaled mark of 125 or more
- NSW – performance Band 2 or above
- QLD – a level of Sound Achievement (S) or above
- SA/NT – a grade of C- or higher or a Subject achievement score of 10 or more
- TAS – an award of Satisfactory Achievement or above
- VIC – a study score of 25 or above
A minimum ATAR score is not an admissions requirement.
Applicants who have completed Year 12 (or equivalent for International Students) more than two years ago will also need to show relevant work experience in the field of study applied for; OR
- A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree (or higher) with successful completion of all Maths units/modules; OR
- An overseas qualification equivalent to Point 2 above from a structured program of learning that leads to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification undertaken at a tertiary institution such as a university, government technical college, or government recognized private college (EIT assesses overseas qualifications using Australian Government guidelines to determine their comparability to qualifications); OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Completion with a minimum score of 24 including English and Maths completion; OR
- Foundation studies or bridging course completion in a relevant discipline with completion of Mathematics and English. e.g., Engineering enabling course; AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for international students); OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognized English language test such as IELTS at a score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5); or (or equivalent) as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy
All higher education students studying on campus must complete an English proficiency test during orientation week. If you fail the initial test, you must complete additional English language support classes. If you fail again, you will be considered a student at risk and managed in accordance with EIT’s Student at Risk Policy.
Please Note: Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee entry to our programs. All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Course Code: CCG
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Undergraduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Gas Turbine Engineering at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Advanced Diploma of Plant Engineering at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Industrial Automation Engineering at Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)