Graduate Diploma in Science
Extend your knowledge in your chosen field of mathematics, physics or statistics and capitalise on the growing demand for high-level scientific expertise.
The Graduate Diploma in Science is designed for graduates who have majored in mathematics, physics or statistics and wish to extend their knowledge in their chosen field.
For your one year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll select from around 30 courses, providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected area of study.
UQ's Science program prepares you for a highly rewarding career in a variety of roles. Many of our Mathematics graduates study higher degrees and go on to research positions at universities and other major research institutions. Our Physics graduates gain robust, high-level analytical and problem-solving skills that are widely applicable and highly valued by a diverse range of employers. Equally, our Statistics graduates are in high demand in business, industry, research and government.
- Study at UQ's Faculty of Science, internationally renowned for excellence and impact in teaching and research.
- Benefit from UQ's long-standing links with industry and government partners.
- Apply your gained knowledge through a range of collaborations, including research projects externally and within our research centres, commercialisation ventures, and industry placements or internships.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 008585E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Conservation Biology at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland