Master of Accounting
Accountants with specialist expertise are in high demand. The Master of Accounting gives you the opportunity to focus on specific fields of accounting practice and develop high-level proficiency in your field.
Our innovative curriculum connects research and practice to provide you with a deep understanding of contemporary applications. The course allows you to align your professional learning to your career goals or interests, with specialist studies in financial accounting, forensic accounting, auditing and management accounting and accounting information systems.
The course also offers you a fast-track route to complete your professional recognition with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Caulfield campus is Monash University's second largest campus, nine kilometres south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Depending on prior qualifications:
Entry-level 1: 96 points to complete Duration: 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Applicants must have completed an Australian bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification with a major in accounting and achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 or an equivalent Grade Point Average as determined by the Monash Business School.
Admission is competitive and applicants will be ranked and selected based on their entire academic record.
Entry-level 2: 72 points to complete Duration: 1.5 years full-time, 3 years part-time
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission at entry level 1 and have completed a qualification which satisfies the educational requirements for entry to one of the following professional accounting programs;
- Chartered Accountants Program of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- CPA Program of CPA Australia
- IPA Program of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
- Professional Level of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Entry-level 3: 48 points to complete Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission at entry level 1 and have completed an Australian graduate certificate in accounting (or equivalent).
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission at entry level 1 and have completed a one-year honors degree in accounting (or equivalent) having achieved at least a second class division A (or equivalent).
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission at entry level 1 and have completed one of the following:
- Practical Experience Program of CA ANZ
- CPA Program including the Your Experience requirements
- Mentored Experience Program (MEP) of the IPA
- Professional ACCA Qualification including the Practical Experience Requirements (PER)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Professional qualification, which entities use of the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation.
- Course Code: 095692C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Genome Analytics at Monash University
- Master of Regulation and Compliance at Monash University
- Master of Strategic Communications Management at Monash University
- Master of Strategic Communications Management (Double Masters with Shanghai Jiao Tong University) at Monash University
- Master of Business Analytics at Monash University
- Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Business Law at Monash University