Master of Philosophy
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree is a one-year, research-only master's degree.
The Master of Philosophy enables you to expand your research capabilities by focusing on a particular area of interest, under the supervision of AUT's expert academic staff. It can provide a pathway to more advanced research at the doctoral level.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Must have completed one of the following with the equivalent of a B grade average or higher:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree OR
- Bachelor’s honours degree OR
- Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate diploma OR
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience relevant to the proposed programme of research
An interview may be required for particular research areas.
- Course Code: AK3720
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Research) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Nursing Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)