B.Sc.(Ing) Honors Engineering with Management
What is Engineering with Management?
Engineering with Management is an exciting and wide-ranging engineering programme that is broad in scope and aims to develop both the technical and business aspects of engineering. Engineers are problem solvers. In almost every human endeavour, an engineer has been involved somewhere. They have created the designs and systems to make everything from: gliders to space craft, ball-point pens to laser printers, matchbox cars to F1 racing cars, wheelchairs to artificial joints for the human body.
Engineering with Management is concerned with the analysis, design, improvement, installation and management of integrated systems of people, finance, materials and equipment. Our graduates have the technical skills common to all excellent engineers, with this knowledge augmented by an understanding of the commercial and industrial environment and the ability to generate innovative solutions to the problems of the world.
Do you enjoy it…
- Creative, analytical, problem solving?
- Design it, build it, test it, sell it… can you do that?
- Can you imagine yourself as a tech-entrepreneur?
Engineering with Management: The course for you?
Do you like the creative, analytical, problem-solving focus of engineering? Do you like the diversity of engineering? Perhaps, though, you see your professional life more involved with running a company, managing projects, or being a consultant? If any of these describes you, then you should consider this course. As well as providing the core competencies for employment in research, manufacturing, production, design and engineering consultancy, the breadth of the course equips graduates to compete favourably with general graduates for careers in the business and financial sectors.
Engineering with Management at Trinity
A key feature of the Engineering with Management programme is that the class size is capped at 20 students. This reflects a core belief in the value of small-group teaching and hands-on exercises, which is delivered through active learning strategies implemented by our world-class staff. The course is a professional engineering degree, fully accredited by Engineers Ireland, that produces graduate engineers capable of working in the competitive environment of world-class manufacturing.
Students have the opportunity of studying abroad and have the chance to be chosen for a team which travels to Stanford University and the Silicon Valley area to showcase their product design projects (details below).
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. Honors Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A.Computer Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Electronic Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Electronic and Computer Engineering (joint programme) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Trinity College Dublin