Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Engineering
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to get a headstart in an engineering career that requires specialist skills and adaptability, or to give you the edge when applying for a research higher degree.
This five year program is designed to give you an overall education in engineering as well as specialist knowledge in fields such as civil or software engineering. You'll graduate with comprehensive knowledge of engineering and a range of practical skills that mean you'll be experienced and ready to work.
You'll undertake a full-time placement with industry or a research institution either in Australia or overseas, and complete advanced coursework and project work in your final year. You'll also undertake a supervised master's thesis on a relevant topic and be involved with all aspects of research, including defining a research question, establishing a methodology and reporting on your findings.
Fourth year students have the opportunity to study overseas with the European Double Degree. This allows you to learn from some of the best engineering and technical teachers in the world, and graduate with an additional master's degree from one of our partner universities.
- Learn from world-class teachers with more national teaching awards than any other Australian university.
- Graduate fully prepared for the workforce with a specialised undergraduate and postgraduate degree.
- Gain practical experience by undertaking a full-time industry placement, or completing a research project with a university or research institution in Australia or overseas.
- Acquire the engineering qualifications that set you apart in the job market, prove your leadership material and provide a pathway to future research or learning.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Chemical engineer
- Biomedical engineer
- Process engineer
- Wastewater treatment engineer
- Senior plant metallurgist
- Civil engineer
- Building compliance auditor
- Protection and automation engineer
- Software engineer
- Aircraft maintenance engineer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Both Chemistry and Physics are recommended subjects. Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C) is also a recommended subject. Students studying Specialist Mathematics and both Physics and Chemistry will have increased flexibility in their studies.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 080724A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland