Doctor of Philosophy
The PhD is a University-wide degree which involves an intense period of supervised study and research, culminating in the submission of a thesis. The degree is awarded to candidates who, through original investigation, make a distinct and significant contribution to knowledge in their field of specialisation.
Candidates are required to complete a thesis, under the supervision of appropriate members of academic staff. A formal course of study or other work may also be prescribed.
Candidates are required to submit, in consultation with their supervisor(s), a progress report at the end of each session, and to complete a doctoral assessment and seminar.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
CareerHub is our free digital platform where you can advertise graduate roles, internships, casual positions, and volunteering opportunities to UTS students. It’s also the place to promote webinars, competitions and other opportunities to our community of over 44,000 current students and recent graduates.
UTS Careers Fair:
The UTS Careers Fair is targeted at penultimate and final year students and is also open all undergraduate and postgraduate, local and international students. Each employer selects the types of students they wish to target (by year level and faculty) in the registration process. Students are all given colour-coded badges when they arrive so that employers can see who corresponds to their desired candidates, and a map of the booths, to easily find these employers. Additionally, each employer booth is coded with the students with whom they would like to meet so that the process is further streamlined. We will also have Careers Ambassadors, who are students working on the event, to assist you where needed.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
Applicants' previous qualifications must have a major computing component. Before submitting a formal application for admission, applicants should seek the approval of a potential supervisor for their proposed research work.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 032316D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Mathematics) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physiotherapy) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Orthoptics) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Pharmacy) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)