Design BA Hons
Lancaster’s approach to design reflects a department that is actively seeking new and innovative ways to apply the design. The degree is taught by leading design researchers, and it moves beyond the scope of traditional disciplines such as graphic or product design. Instead, you will be given the opportunity to develop the skills to solve complex cultural and social problems by combining design thinking with innovation, technology, business, and research. This will equip you for a range of exciting careers in new and emerging industries.
- The course is structured around four aspects of design: materials, people, products and places. They allow you the opportunity to develop vital problem-finding and problem-solving abilities.
- History, theory and intellectual content are combined with creative design practice and design management.
- You will have the opportunity to develop practical skills in prototyping and presentation in our purpose-built design studios and workshop.
- Through authentic projects and live briefs, including a group consultancy project, you’ll gain real-world experience and prepare yourself for your future career.
- We aim to include guest speakers and external organizations to provide insight into design and related industries, giving you the opportunity to build professional contacts and gain work experience during your degree.
- 4 Years with Placement Year
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Access help and advice, search for opportunities, see what events are taking place, apply for the Lancaster Award, explore further study options and other pathways to your future career.
Careers and Employability is open. All of our services are now available remotely.
You can book telephone or video appointments with our Careers Team, attend online workshops, send us a query and access all of our resources online. Information on how to access all of our services is available via this link.
International students bring a wealth of experience to the University and can offer a valuable insight into global careers. Support for international students is available from Lancaster University Careers Service.
PSW is 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Standard XII)
Pass with 75% to 87% average from the best 4 subjects, excluding Hindi and PE.
- Course Code: W281
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Theatre and English Literature (Placement Year) BA Hons at Lancaster University
- Theatre and Creative Writing (Placement Year) BA Hons at Lancaster University
- Theatre and Chinese Studies BA Hons at Lancaster University
- Sociology (Placement Year) BA Hons at Lancaster University
- Psychology and Chinese Studies BA Hons at Lancaster University
- Physical Geography (Study Abroad) MSci Hons at Lancaster University