Bachelor of Laws - SCB101
If you’ve aspired to a career in legal practice, then UC's Bachelor of Laws will help get you there in no time. Our highly practical approach is a marked strength, and continues to set our law degree apart from the rest.
With small class sizes, a purpose-built eMoot Court and highly qualified and experienced staff, you’ll be encouraged to develop your advocacy abilities and legal skills while understanding their connection to legal history and law in context.
You can tailor your individual study program by selecting a variety of electives across many areas of law, and even choose to accelerate your studies with winter term subjects. The course will ground your education in the latest legal innovations, develop your communication and interpersonal skills and allow you to become an agile, ethical and effective legal professional.
Experience counts at UC.
If you’ve already completed an Australian Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, you’ll be able to complete our Bachelor of Laws in 3 years instead of 4. Credit is simply applied towards your open electives, which means you can complete your studies sooner.
Study a Bachelor of Laws at UC and you will:
- Undertake in-depth study of key areas of law that give you the required academic knowledge for admission to Australian legal practice
- Choose from an array of specialist electives that include environmental law, government law, gender, commercial law, technology, legal innovation and more
- Participate in a program of study with a proven track record of excellence in graduate employment outcomes and work-integrated learning
- Have the option of completing Honours in your final year of study. This allows you to graduate with a deeper understanding of the various technical and theoretical aspects of the law and can help prepare you for a variety of roles within and outside the justice sector
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Judge’s associate
- Policy adviser
- Legal researcher
- Community lawyer*
- Justice policy officer
- Parliamentary counsel
- Legislative drafter
- Law reform officer
- Finance sector
- Building and Construction
*Subject to satisfactory completion of an undergraduate law degree and successful completion of a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, which qualifies you for admission to practice as a lawyer.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
Applicants who have completed a Diploma of Legal Services plus have a minimum of two years of documented full-time work experience as a paralegal or its equivalent will also be considered for admission.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 095937J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra