Master of Arts Applied Spirituality
The MA in Applied Spirituality is a 12 month, three-semester, Level 9 taught programme awarded by Waterford Institute of Technology. It brings the resources of spirituality to bear on issues about the meaning of life that come up in work settings, therapeutic settings, family settings, relationships or in the context of social issues regarding just and sustainable living. It aims to meet the needs of those with an interest in pursuing advanced study in the area of contemporary spirituality.
The programme, which will take place at Milltown Park, Dublin draws on a substantial body of literature by writers, scholars and practitioners, as well as mystics, drawn largely from Christian traditions. Other areas of study such as anthropology, psychology, sociology, science, philosophy and the arts are employed to explore the spiritual dimension of human experience and the journey of life in terms of its spiritual dimension and connection.
The programme will give opportunities for participants to consider practical issues associated with identifying and providing for one’s own and others’ spiritual needs / care and to do a research project.
On completion of the programme it is anticipated that the graduates will have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Engage meaningfully in contemporary discussions of spirituality
- Critically reflect on their own role and the role of others in cultivating spiritualities that contribute constructively to society and relationships
- Accompany others on the spiritual journey as well as self-appropriate their own spiritual journey
- Successfully manage spirituality research
- Progress to PhD studies in spirituality, or to further studies in another discipline with the foundation in spirituality that this programme offers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the MA in Applied Spirituality should hold a minimum of an NFQ Level 8 degree in a field of study related to the program such as theology, philosophy, humanities, human sciences, or similar discipline. Applicants will normally have familiarity with the language of spirituality and will have demonstrable experience in the field through, for instance, attendance at retreats, prayer practice, a pilgrimage, or other such activities. Normally candidates are subject to a pre-entry interview.
Applicants who do not hold the standard qualifying NFQ Level 8 qualification criteria, but have relevant work experience and study may be considered for admission to the program under the Institute's Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and subject to an interview.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD590
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Science Computing (Enterprise Software Systems) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Computing (Information Systems Processes) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Analytical Science with Quality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Advanced Facilitation Skills for Promoting Health and Well Being at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- MSc in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology