Bachelor of Science Science (General)
Why Study Science at WIT?
Studying science at WIT will broaden your understanding of the world around you and give you the skills needed to approach matters in a reasoned and analytical manner.
All of our programmes offer hands on practical experience and are highly regarded. The programmes were designed to meet the needs of industry in the region, nationally and internationally.
What is the BSc in Science (General)?
The BSc in Science was designed as a common entry course for the student who has a keen interest in science, but is unsure of which area they would like to specialise in. This course gives the student a flavour of a variety of different scientific disciplines, allowing them to keep their options open when applying to study science at third level.
The modules of this course offer an introduction to biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computing. Elective modules are also offered in specialised areas such as Food Science with Business, Pharmaceutical Science, and Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science. The student can get a taste of what is involved in each of these areas, before making a more informed choice as to which area they would like to specialise in for their degree.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD177
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology