Master of Laws (Research)
The University of New England is committed to maintaining its strong research culture, underpinned by high research training standards. The Master of Laws (Research) Rules provide the framework for one of the University's AQF Level 9 awards. They provide the rigorous processes that are essential for the maintenance of academic quality and integrity in the University's operations, and that reflect the University's values of providing a formative, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and innovative environment for the delivery of high-quality research training for its candidates.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
No matter what your connection to UNE — as an undergraduate or graduate student, alum, faculty member, or employer partner — Career Services has resources available for you. Career Services offers a blend of career and personal interest exploration, resume and cover letter assistance, and guidance during the transition to employment. We also coordinate annual career fairs and serve as liaison between the campus communities and area employers.
Studying abroad is an opportunity for personal growth as well as professional extension. Our students always come back from their overseas adventure with amazing exchange stories, fantastic study tour tales and a great sense of personal achievement.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to candidature in the degree of Master of Laws (Research) may be approved by the Committee only when the Head of School has:
- (a) certified that the necessary facilities and appropriate support for the applicant undertaking the proposed LLM program are available; and
- (b) nominated an appropriate Principal Supervisor and co-supervisor(s) in accordance with the Supervisors - Nomination, Appointment, and Responsibilities Rule.
The Committee may, on the recommendation of the relevant Head of School, admit to candidature into the course for the degree of Master of Laws (Research) an applicant who:
- (a) holds a degree of Bachelor with at least second class honors (AQF Level 8) or (AQF Level 9 Masters or AQF Level 10, in-law); or
- (b) holds a degree at AQF Level 7 or AQF Level 9 Masters in law leading to admission to legal practice and the equivalent of at least two years of full-time, documented, relevant professional experience.
- Course Code: 051776G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at University of New England
- Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) at University of New England
- Master of Laws at University of New England
- Master of Education (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Education at University of New England
- Master of Counselling at University of New England