Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Be at the forefront of shaping new generations as you introduce young minds to a wealth of knowledge about science, societies, maths, history and the beauty of music and art.
As a primary school teacher, you'll encourage children’s curiosity and inspire their inquisitive minds. The Bachelor of Education (Primary) draws on the latest educational research in combining university study with practical school-based learning. It develops skills relating to literacy and numeracy, diversity and differentiated learning, leadership and research, and effective educational uses of information and communication technologies.
Choose one of four minors to further develop your content knowledge: English and Literacy, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics and Numeracy, or Science.
Supervised classroom placement commences in the first year and in your final year you'll undertake a professional experience placement, where you take full responsibility for teaching a class with minimal input from your teacher or mentor.
Studying the Bachelor of Education (Primary) will give you expertise in the Arts, English, Health and Physical Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Science and Technologies.
- Get early experience in classrooms. Spend 10 days in a school in your first year, where you'll observe and provide hands-on help.
- Learn from the best. World-renowned educators will teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children.
- Study with a smaller cohort and build a support network and strong friendships with your peers.
- Cover all aspects of the Australian Curriculum while developing vital knowledge about teaching and learning, child development, diversity and inclusion, and Indigenous education.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- English and Literacy
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Numeracy
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 063937G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Criminology and Criminal Justice / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Services (Honours) at The University of Queensland