PhD in Medical & Biological Science
Become a leading researcher, contributing important ideas to the medical field, with a doctoral degree in Medical and Biological Sciences.
PhD in Medical & Biological Science at VU
We offer world-class facilities, support and expertise in a range of medical-research areas. Our specialisations include medical physiology, immunology, pharmacology, and metabolism and inflammation. You’ll use your original thesis to investigate and improve human health and life-quality in these areas:
- clinical and community health
- immunology in chronic diseases
- advanced food systems and nutrition sciences
- lifestyle-associated diseases
- musculoskeletal diseases
- population health research and policy
- measurements in health.
These broad topics encompass mental health, pregnancy, substance misuse, immunology, cancer, and much more. Our research-based teaching means you’ll graduate job-ready for a medical-science career, or an advisory role in government or the community.
You’ll finish your PhD as an independent science researcher, with the skills to present your findings in public presentations and publications.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A PhD in medical and biological sciences prepares you for high-level roles in a variety of settings. If you’ve chosen to focus on lab work, you’ll be well placed for a medical-laboratory scientist role. Other careers include management or research in health care, government, community, or academia.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084113G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Doctor of Philosophy at Victoria University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Food Sciences & Technology (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Human Movement (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Medical & Biological Science (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Nursing & Midwifery (Integrated) at Victoria University