Conference Interpreting PGDip
Develop high-level interpreting and translation skills on this challenging course, where you’ll use state-of-the-art technology to gain the knowledge base and practical skills to succeed in the language services industry.
You’ll gain essential skills in interpreting, analysis, active listening and note-taking, then build on this foundation by practising specialised consecutive and simultaneous interpreting in our conference interpreting facilities. You can also choose from optional modules informed by the leading research of our staff such as genre analysis, corpus linguistics, computer-assisted translation and machine translation.
As a programme included in the AIIC Interpreting Schools & Programmes Directory, the Leeds interpreting course follows best practices that are recommended by AIIC (the International Association of Conference Interpreters). The University of Leeds is also a partner university of the Directorate-Generale for Interpretation of both the European Parliament and the European Commission. We enjoy close ties with international organisations including the UN.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 09 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Theology and Religious Studies PGDip at University of Leeds
- Performance PGDip at University of Leeds
- Music and Wellbeing PGDip at University of Leeds
- Audiences, Engagement, Participation PGDip at University of Leeds
- Theology and Religious Studies PGCert at University of Leeds
- Music and Wellbeing PGCert at University of Leeds