Bachelor of Rural Science
Providing food and fiber for growing populations in Australia and worldwide in a challenging climatic environment demands graduates capable of understanding and integrating whole agricultural systems. This degree produces graduates with scientific and communication skills and confidence to solve practical agricultural problems at the farm, catchment, and national levels. Students who complete a research project in the fourth year will be considered for the award of Honours.
The degree may be awarded Honours. The Honours level is based on grades achieved in the fourth year of the degree including RUSC490 which is completed in the final year. The BRurSc(Hons) graduates who achieve the appropriate level of Honours are eligible to apply to enroll for a research Master's degree or the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates from this degree can expect to be sought by employers, before completion of their degree, for careers in the following areas: advisory, regulatory and research posts in all agricultural fields in both the private and public sectors, management and consulting in the crop and animal industries, agribusiness, banking and marketing, primary production, government policy, plant and animal breeding, landcare and soil conservation.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Any two units of English, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Recommended studies depend on subjects chosen: Biology and/or Physics.
For students without the recommended background knowledge, the School offers introductory units in Chemistry and Mathematics.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
16 weeks of practical industry work experience during university vacation periods.
- Course Code: 006006A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A